The Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-housing Program (HPRP) is funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). HPRP assists individuals and families who are:
- currently housed, but are at risk of becoming homeless and need temporary rent or utility assistance to prevent them from becoming homeless, or need assistance to move to another unit; or
- currently experiencing homelessness (residing in emergency or transitional shelters, or on the street) and need temporary assistance in order to obtain housing and retain it.
HPRP is not a mortgage or foreclosure assistance program. Therefore HPRP can NOT assist with mortgage payments, fees or other costs associated with mortgages or foreclosures.
Types of Assistance Available
HPRP may provide the following assistance based on the household's needs as assessed by the case manager during the initial consultation.
- short- or medium-term rental assistance,
- security deposits,
- utility deposits and payments,
- moving costs, and
- motel and hotel vouchers (limited)
- assistance with locating appropriate housing
- legal services for circumstances that prevent you from obtaining housing; tenant/landlord matters
Monday through Friday : 8:45 a.m - 4:45 p.m.
Website :- http://www.hudhre.info/